20 March 2015

Sad

This is a sample poem from my first book, "All my masks"

I'm not sad
Really, I'm not
I'm actually rather happy
In a subdued sort of way
Although that may sound quite absurd
Still, I insist that I'm not sad
In any meaning of the word
You see, I have lots and lots of friends
Really, I do
And not just on social networking sites
Where I once had a friend who was a hamster
Until he died
Which was very sad
Unlike me
But just in case you don't believe
Dispute my popularity
I don't think that I was deceived
When I was told
That there are many beautiful women
Who would walk arm in arm with me
If they so chose
And without meaning to seem rude
But underlining what I say
I think, from this, we can conclude
That I'm not sad
Really, I'm not
I'm simply happy
In a subdued sort of way

(c) Edward Rhodes (2011)

No comments: